Business Visa Info
Business visa to Russia
Business visa is required in case you wish to enter Russia for business purposes to participate in principal negotiations (meetings, consultations, conferences, symposiums, congresses) on trade and economical issues.
Single-entry and double-entry Business Visas are issued for a period no longer than 90 days. Multiple-entry Business Visa is issued for up to 1 year. Please note, that according to the Russian Law multiple-entry visa permits the holder to stay at the territory of Russia no more then 90 days in every 180 days.
Dear applicants and travel agents, please note that a person applying for a business or commercial visa may be asked to appear before consular officer personally.
1. Visa application form, printed out from this website only. No blank spaces must be left. If a question does not apply, please type "N/A". If the answer is none, write "None". Kindly ensure that the dates of your entry and exit, as entered in the application form, match with or fall within the period specified in the supporting documents. The form should bear the original signature of applicant and must be well readable. Please state clearly your contact telephone number (office and after hours). Incomplete forms, forms with no signature, forms with corrections, forms filled out illegibly or with different pens will be returned to the applicants unprocessed.
2. One photograph of 3,5 by 4,5 cm, in color taken against a light background (white or off - white). The photo needs to display a full frontal view of the face. The facial image must be sharp and clear. Sunglasses or tinted glasses are not permitted. Head coverings and hats are only acceptable due to religious beliefs, and in this case there shall be a similar photo with a head covering in the applicant's passport. The photo must be glued on the form strictly at reserved place. If photograph presented does not meet the requirements an application will be considered incomplete.
3. Valid international passport or another ID recognized as such in the Russian Federation with at least 2 blank pages for visas. The passport should be submitted in original only and should be valid for at least 6 months after visa's expiration date stated in the invitation.
4. Children under -18, traveling alone or whose visa applications are unaccompanied with their parents' are required to submit following additional documents: signed and dated permission letter from one of the parents, giving permission to the child to travel alone or explaining that the parent would be traveling with the child along with the dates of travel; a copy of the parent's passport (first page and page with Russian visa); if the child's and parent's surname do not match, we would also require a copy of the birth certificate to confirm that the permission letter has been provided by the biological parent.
5. Document proving the purpose of the visit: original letter of invitation issued by an appropriate Russian Federal Migration Service branch or Regional Offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation only. If applying for a multiple-entry or double-entry visa, it should be specifically mentioned in the invitation. Business visa can be also granted if the company or person inviting you will arrange with the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation an electronic invitation - telex, which has to be sent directly to the Consulate General in Cape Town. In this case, please, check with us that your electronic invitation from the Russian Foreign Ministry has arrived prior to sending your documents.
6. Tickets with confirmed dates of entry and exit (single-entry visa only).
7. Copy of medical/travel insurance for the whole period of stay in Russia. We encourage all our visitors to have a valid insurance to cover any unforeseen medical expenses, which are usually rather costly abroad. Please note, that this requirement is mandatory for EU-citizens (Schengen Zone countries) only.
8. Foreigners applying for a Russian visa in a country other than their home country usually must provide proof of permission to stay in this country for a period exceeding 90 days. Citizens of certain countries must have permanent residence status in South Africa to apply for a Russian visa here. Please check the possibility to apply for a visa with Consular officer in advance.
9. Consular fee. Visa processing fees and time you can find in the "General information" section of the website. We accept cash only. Accepted visa processing fees received from the applicant are not subject for reimbursement in any circumstances. Payments exceeding R 10 000 can be managed differently, please enquire before the application.
Dear Applicants and travel agents, please follow the above requirements when submitting your papers. Otherwise, the documents will be returned unprocessed.