- Where do I apply for a Russian visa in RSA?
You can apply for a Russian visa either at the Russian Embassy in Pretoria or at the Russian Consulate General in Cape Town.
- Where is the Russian Consulate General located?
The address is:
8001, 12 floor, Northon Rose House, 8 Riebeek street, CBD, Cape Town
(next to the ABSA building and Thibault square)
- What are the visitor's hours?
Monday - Friday
8:45 am - 11:30 am
- Do I have to make an appointment?
Yes, you have to book an appointment by pressing this link.
- Do I have to apply in person?
From December 1, 2014 ALL South African passport holders must provide their visa applications IN PERSON.
This requirement is imposed as a reciprocal measure to the new immigration and visa regulations, adopted by the South African Department of Home Affairs and resulted in unprecedentedly steep and sometimes insurmountable requirements, brought against Russian citizens applying for South African visas in Moscow.
- Which documents do I need to apply for a Russian visa?
To find out the requirements for different categories of visas please follow the link: http://capetown.mid.ru/en_GB/web/capetown_en/services
- Do I have to fill in the visa application form online?
From February 16, 2015 ALL visa applications must be completed online following this link: https://visa.kdmid.ru/PetitionChoice.aspx and further submitted in print to the Consulate General.
- Can I submit my visa application online?
NO. You must print it out upon completion online and submit it with other supporting documents to the Consulate.
- What is the cost of the visa?
To find out the price for a visa please follow the link: http://capetown.mid.ru/en_GB/web/capetown_en/general-visa-info
- How do I pay for the visa?
Please note that only cash is accepted when paying for the visa at the Consulate.
- How do I get to know when my visa is ready?
After you've handed in the documents and paid for the visa you will be given a receipt with the date of collection on it.
- Can somebody collect my passport on my behalf?
Yes, your passport can be collected on your behalf only with the original receipt you've been given when applying for the visa. Please note if you are not collecting your visa on your own, the other person must show his ID/passport and let the Consulate know in order to be included into the visitors list.