Humanitarian Visa Info
(Single-entry and double-entry Business/Humanitarian Visas are issued for a period no longer than 90 days. Multiple-entry Business/Humanitarian Visa is issued for up to 1 year. Please note, that multiple-entry visa permits the holder to stay at the territory of Russia no more than 90 days in every 180 days).
- Visa application form, printed out only from this website. No blank spaces must be left. If a question does not apply, please type "N/A". If the answer is none, write "None". Kindly ensure that the dates of your entry and exit, as entered in the application form, match with or fall within the period specified in the supporting documents. The form should bear an original signature of applicant and must be well readable. Please state clearly your contact telephone number (office and after hours). Incomplete forms, forms without signature, forms with corrections, forms filled out illegibly or with different colour pen will be returned to the applicants unprocessed.
- One photograph of 3,5 by 4,5 cm, in color taken against a light background (white or off - white). The photo needs to display a full frontal view of the face. The facial image must be sharp and clear. Sunglasses or tinted glasses are not permitted. Head coverings and hats are only acceptable for religious reasons, and in this case the applicant's passport should contain a similar photo. The photo must be glued on the form strictly at reserved place. If photograph presented does not meet the above requirements an application will be considered incomplete.
- Valid international passport or another ID recognized as such in the Russian Federation with at least 2 blank pages for visas. The passport should be submitted only in original and should be valid for at least 6 months after visa's expiration date stated in the invitation.
- Document proving the purpose of the visit: original letter of invitation issued by an appropriate Russian Federal Migration Service branch or Regional Offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation only. If applying for a multiple-entry or double-entry visa, it should be specifically mentioned in the invitation. Humanitarian visa can be also granted if the company or person inviting you will arrange with the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation an electronic invitation - telex, which has to be sent directly to the Consulate General in Cape Town. In this case, please, check with us that your electronic invitation from the Russian Foreign Ministry has arrived before sending your documents.
- Tickets with confirmed dates of entry and exit (only for single-entry visa).
- Copy of medical/travel insurance for the whole period of stay in Russia. We encourage all our visitors to have a valid insurance to cover any unexpected medical expenses, which are usually rather costly abroad.
- Consular fee. Visa processing fees and time you can find in the "General information" section of the website. We accept cash only. Accepted visa processing fees received from the applicant are not subject for reimbursement in any circumstances.
Dear Applicants and travel agents, please follow the above requirements when submitting your documents. Otherwise, they will be returned unprocessed.